Buffalo Routers Rock!

Waaaaay back in Janurary I mentioned that I might build my own wireless router. Well, like most of my projects I got half way then got distracted. The other day i got fed up with the lack of wireless (I needed to get my Wii online, apart from anything else), so I splashed out and bought a Buffalo Air-Station (£45).

This baby comes pre-loaded with the open source dd-wrt firmware. It was dead-easy to set up, and boy, what a difference the open firmware makes! This is easily the best router firmware I have ever seen - it boasts more feature than you can shake a stick at. Better yet - it's aimed at people who know what they're doing, and doesn't try to hide it's functionality behind restrictive setup "wizards".

All in all, I'm a very happy man with my new wireless network ;)